01 Feb How to Make Homemade Hand Butter?
Posted at 11:50h in Recipes 0 Comments
Let this hand butter become your new ally that accompanies you through the seasons. You always have the option of enhancing it with YOUR favorite essential oil related to the season (or your current craving)! The recipe is simple as pie and eco-friendly as can be 💚
Whipped butter for hands
Servings 2 60ml jars
- 1 Scale of 0.1g or 1g precision
- 1 Water bath
- 1 Spatula for mixing and scraping the bottom
- 1 Hand mixer Optional
- 2 glass 60ml jars
- 2 grams Candelilla wax
- 12 grams Cocoa butter
- 60 grams Shea butter
- 47 grams Sunflower oil
- 3-5 drops Essential oil of your choice Optional. Our favorites : lavender, bergamot, Ho wood, sweet orange and palmarosa
- In a water bath on low heat melt the wax, shea butter and cocoa butter.2 grams Candelilla wax, 60 grams Shea butter, 12 grams Cocoa butter
- Add sunflower oil and mix.47 grams Sunflower oil
- Add your essential oil. Start with 3 drops and add as needed according to your preference.3-5 drops Essential oil of your choice
- OPTIONAL : For a whipped butter, let the mixture harden a little then mix with a hand mixer.
- Pour mixture into your jars.
- Let it cool down before closing jars to avoid condensation.