10 Feb Make Homemade Shower Steam Tablets for a Super Natural Decongestant
Whether it’s a lil’ cold or an allergy, shower steam tablets are natural decongestants that will get rid of any congestion. Who would have taught a homemade recipe could be as simple and turn your shower into a spa? 💆
Servings 10 steamers
- 1 Silicone Ice molds
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Bain-marie (water bath)
- 1 Scale of 1g precision
- 1 Gloves
- 1 Little water in a spray bottle
- 1 Silicone spatula (preferably) or spoon
- Combine baking soda and citric acid in a large bowl and set aside.100 grams Citric acid, 200 grams Baking Soda
- Melt cocoa butter in a water bath over medium heat.11 grams Cocoa butter
- Add melted cocoa butter and essential oils to large bowl and mix with gloved hands.15 grams Peppermint essential oil, 5 grams Lavender essential oil, 2,5 grams Rosemary essential oil, 17,5 grams Eucalyptus essential oil
- Squeeze a handful of the mixture in your hand. If it holds together, it’s ready. If not, add 1 spray of water (not more; otherwise mixture will swell). Mix well and re-squeeze mixture. If it still falls apart, add another spray of water. Repeat until mixture holds together.
- Divide mixture into muffin pan to making 5 or 10 steamers, depending on desired size. Press down to smooth.
- Immediately remove steamers from pan and dry overnight or about 8 hours, then remove from pan.
- STORAGE: Keep in an airtight container to preserve the essential oils.
Handle citric acid with gloves as it is very acidic and can irritate hands. Place a steamer in the shower where water can reach it, such as near the drain.