09 Mar Facial Cream: it’s DIY Time!
Want to put on a good face? Face cream is where it’s at 😏 Get your hands busy making a natural, light and smooth cream that nourishes your skin, as well as leaving it soft in the process.
Happiness and joy guaranteed ✅ It’s written on your face! Stop doing a long face, and embrace this facial cream DIY!
- 1 Scale of 0,1 or 1g precision
- 2 small saucepans or water baths
- 1 Spatula for mixing and scraping the bottom of the pan
- 1 Electric mixer (Use a hand blender for mixtures of 500ml and more)
- 1 Thermometer
- 1 120 ml jar
- 3 grams Stearic Acid
- 5 grams Glyceryl Stearate SE
- 14 grams Your favorite oil or macerate (oil : sunflower, jojoba, olive. Macerate : calendula flower)
- 63 grams Hydrosol of your choice or water
- 15 grams Aloe gel (or water)
- 2 drops Essential oil of your choice Optional. Our favorites: tea tree, lavender and chamomile. Do not use citrus oils as they are photosensitive.
- In the saucepan or water bath, heat the stearic acid, the Glyceryl Stearate SE and the chosen oil over low heat (oily phase).3 grams Stearic Acid, 14 grams Your favorite oil or macerate, 5 grams Glyceryl Stearate SE
- In the second saucepan or water bath, heat the hydrosol and aloe gel (aqueous phase) over low heat.63 grams Hydrosol of your choice or water, 15 grams Aloe gel (or water)
- When your 2 phases are at a temperature of 55 degrees celsius, pour the aqueous phase into the oily phase.
- First mix quickly with the spatula, then mix with the mixer.
- When the mixture is homogenized, scrape the sides and the bottom with the spatula to ensure that everything is well mixed.
- Continue in the blender until the temperature of the cream drops to 35 degrees celsius. To speed up the cooling process, place the pan in a bowl of cold water.
- Add your essential oil. Start with 2 drops and add as needed according to your preference. Remember it will be in your face!2 drops Essential oil of your choice
- Put the cream in your container. It is advisable to wait until the cream is completely cooled to prevent the water and oil from separating.