23 Mar Your New Favorite Hand and Body Cream Recipe
Because your body and your hands deserve all the moisturizing in the world.
Because you deserve to take the time to DIY.
Because your wallet says thank you.
Try our rich hand and body cream recipe. Try it and you’ll love it!
Rich hand and body cream
Servings 120 ml
- 1 Scale of 0,1g or 1g precision
- 2 Small saucepans or water bath
- 1 Spatula for mixing to scrape the bottom well
- 1 Electric mixer (Use hand blender for mixtures of 500ml and more)
- 3 grams Oliwax wax
- 5 grams Olivem 1000 Emulsifying wax
- 14 grams Your favorite oil or macerate Sunflower, jojoba, olive
- 63 grams Hydrosol of your choice (or water)
- 15 grams Aloe gel (or water)
- 3-5 drops Essential oil of your choice Optional. Our favorites: lavender, bergamot, Ho wood, sweet orange and palmarosa.
- In a saucepan or water bath, heat the Oliwax wax, the Olivem 1000 emulsifying wax and the chosen oil or macerate (oily phase) over low heat.3 grams Oliwax wax, 5 grams Olivem 1000 Emulsifying wax, 14 grams Your favorite oil or macerate
- In a second saucepan, heat the hydrosol and aloe gel (aqueous phase) over low heat.63 grams Hydrosol of your choice (or water), 15 grams Aloe gel (or water)
- When your 2 phases are at a temperature of 60 degrees, pour the aqueous phase into the oily phase.
- First mix quickly with the spatula, then mix with the mixer.
- When the mixture is homogenized, scrape the sides and the bottom with the spatula to ensure that everything is well mixed.
- Continue in the blender until the temperature of the cream drops to 35 degrees. To speed up the cooling process, place the pan in a bowl of cold water.
- Add your essential oil. Start with 3 drops and add as needed according to your preference.3-5 drops Essential oil of your choice
- Put the cream in your container. It is advisable to wait until the cream is completely cooled to prevent the water and oil from separating.
Teresa GambrelPosted at 13:32h, 17 May
You need a Preservative every time you add water to any formulation.
If it’s separating, try adding a third emulsifier with a high Hlb, plain emulsifying wax will work its Hlb is 14-15 depending on which one you have.
Olivem 1000’s Hlb is 9.
I would add a few goodies; 2 grams Panthenol 100 DL [B5] humectant, & 0.5grams Allantoin skin barrier. Last I would add 0.25 grams of vitamin E, antioxidant & it will extend the shelf life of your product. Teresa G.